It's important to us that all our employees and volunteers have the right opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge.
As part of our commitment to being a learning organisation we encourage everyone to enjoy at least three days' learning a year.
We offer a huge range of learning and development opportunities including:
- support for new starters
- training in key areas of our work, like safeguarding
- a huge number of IT training courses
- the assessed and supported year in employment (ASYE) programme for social workers in England
- courses up to Master's level through our Apprenticeship Academy
- accredited courses through AP4U for employees and volunteers
There are a number of courses you must complete when you join us.
Learning from your computer or telephone.
You can access a lot of training courses from your own computer.
Access online learning courses in partnership with Psychotherapy Excellence.
Mental health qualifications for employees and volunteers
Everyone at Barnardo's should have at least three days of learning per year.