If you’ve got a vacancy to fill, visit our recruitment site. You can use this for recruiting employees and apprentices.
The site lets you:
- raise a vacancy, either yourself or through the recruitment team
- shortlist candidates online
- set up interviews
- update candidates
- issue job offers
You can use the site at your desk or on the move. For information on using the site and details of the recruitment process, please visit our eArcu learning page. You'll find a process overview, screen familiarisation tools, guidance and videos to help you.
In order to access the system, you'll need a login. If you don't have one, email firstname.lastname@example.org, including details of your job title, and we'll arrange access for you.
The site has built-in user guides that take you through how to use the system. If you get stuck, or have questions, contact your recruitment team on the numbers below.
- Children’s Services roles in Scotland – 0131 446 7000
- Children’s Services roles in Northern Ireland – 02890 672366
- Children’s Services roles in Wales – 02920 493387
- All other roles within Barnardo’s – 0151 488 1155
Guidance and resources
Information and tools for recruiters
- Interview guidance, questions and forms
- Assessing potential safeguarding risk
- Criminal records disclosure checks
- Checking the right to work in the UK
- Contingent worker recruitment – guidance and forms for recruiting contractors, agency and casual workers.
- Recruiting an apprentice
Our standards to make sure we have safe, fair and effective recruitment and selection procedures: